TANK-AWAY TRIPS: Savings Fuel Holiday Weekend Travel To Panama City Beach, Florida
Wanted: Sandcastle developers, grill-masters and children of all ages for a Memorial Day Weekend filled with excitement and affordable family fun.
Stretch your family vacation dollars, and make gasoline prices take less of a toll when you enjoy the short trip to Panama City Beach, Fla. The Northwest Florida beach destination offers hundreds of dollars of savings to make your vacation dollar go farther this holiday weekend and all summer long. With award-winning beaches, entertaining family attractions and price-friendly places to stay so close to home, there's no need to travel anywhere else.
For savings throughout the destination, the Panama City Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau is your one-stop shop. Visit the Bureau's Web site, www.thebeachloversbeach.com, and click onto "Vacation Deals" at the upper right section of the page. You'll save on vacation dollar-stretching accommodations with packages and deals good for Memorial Day Weekend and throughout the summer.
While you're in town, pick up copies of the SEE Panama City & Beaches guide and the Panama City Beach Florida Pocket Guide at the Convention and Visitors Bureau, located at 17001 Panama City Beach Pkwy, 850-233-5070. You'll find pages filled with discounts and coupons for shopping, dinning, fishing, and more, plus great deals like these on popular family attractions.
- Get $2.00 off child's admission at Gulf World. Family fun is in the swim here with dolphin encounters, exhibits and more than 25 shows. The X-Treme High Dive Show premiers Memorial Day Weekend, starring world-class divers performing flips and twirls from dizzying heights, all in exact precision.
- Amaze yourself and family at Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Odditorium and Ripley's Moving Theater, both offering $1.00 off the adult admission price. For a pulse-pounding ride, the 4-D movie mixes motion and special effects with action-packed on-screen adventures. The odditorium is the place to find shrunken heads, mummies, and other fascinating finds from around the globe.
- Ahoy mateys! Set sail aboard the Sea Dragon, with a $2 dollar off coupon on an unforgettable daytime or sunset pirate cruise. You'll enjoy dolphin sightings, music and non-stop pirate entertainment for the kids.
- Enjoy $2.00 off at Coconut Creek Family Fun Park for unlimited miniature golf. Coconut Creek also features the Gran Maze, one of America's most challenging human mazes. Larger than a football field, the Maze takes its design inspiration from the South Pacific Islands. Like Capt. James Cook who discovered this paradise centuries ago, young explorers must use their best navigation skills.
- See the animals at ZooWorld for less. Get $1.00 off per person, up to six people, at this popular area attraction located at 9008 Front Beach Road. ZooWorld Zoological and Botanical Park is home to more than 250 exotic and many endangered animals that reside within these beautiful botanical gardens. ZooWorld features Bengal Tiger Shows, Going Wild, and Parrots of the World Shows daily, and a Gentle Jungle Petting Zoo. See Sidney, the friendly giraffe, and the world-famous Tondaleyo, the orangutan, and her pet kitty, TK, who call ZooWorld home.
These guides also offer generous discounts on snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing, helicopter tours and more. Deals are available as well for restaurants, stores and specialty shops throughout the destination. Stop by the Convention and Visitors Bureau, and make this Memorial Day more memorable at Panama City Beach, Florida.
About Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach, also known as "The Beach Lovers Beach," boasts 27 miles of sugar-white sand beaches bordering the clear, emerald-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico and St. Andrews Bay. The Northwest Florida destination was cited as one of America's Most Beautiful Beaches by Condé Nast Traveler, 2006. Additional recognition as a top beach destination comes from The Travel Channel, USA Today, Southern Living, Dr. Beach and the Clean Beaches Council. Family attractions, championship golf courses, sporting events, delectable dining, predictably sunny weather and a vast number of recreational activities draw visitors to this seaside destination annually. For more information, call 1-800-PCBEACH (850-233-5070) or visit TheBeachLoversBeach.com .
Want more info on family activities, adventures and gear? Join our e-newsletter in the top right hand corner. Do it now!